International Access Pass travel grants
We deliver the International Access Pass program as a component of the Western Australian Government’s New Industries Fund, which supports new and emerging businesses in WA to create jobs and diversify the economy.
There are currently no application rounds open.
Round 2 recipientsShow more
Congratulations to the 7 International Access Pass grant recipients announced by the Hon. Dave Kelly in January 2020.
- Superstar Award for people who offer a great product ready for global production and can deliver business results: Natalie Marinho, Morgan White, and David McDonnell.
- Trailblazer Award for women who inspire other women and girls to develop their science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) skills: Amy Doherty.
- New Horizon Award for people to apply their technologies in other sectors: Natalie Marinho and David McDonnell.
- Teamed Up Awards for a team of 2 who need to travel together to make their mission succeed: Andrew and Erin West, Ryan Gardner and Fiona Bartholomaeus and David Gribble and Ian Sloan.
For more information, visit the media statement 'Seven local games and interactive studios awarded International Access Pass to grow local industry'.
Round 1 recipientsShow more
Congratulations to the 13 International Access Pass grant recipients announced by the Hon. Dave Kelly in February 2019.
- Three Superstar Awards for people who offer a great product that is ready for the world and can deliver business results: Vee Pendergrast, Stacey Fazackerley and Anthony Sweet.
- Two Bright Spark Awards for recent WA graduates: Elin Tan, Curtin University and Brian Fairbanks, Murdoch University.
- A Trailblazer Award: awarded to Jessica Watson - an outstanding candidate who brings expertise in motion capture into the WA games industry. Jessica also works extensively to assist others to develop their skills.
- Three New Horizons Awards for application of games into other sectors: Megan Pusey, games to build resilience in education; Zoe Pepper, technology to support play and connection with audience; and Julio Ibanez, virtual and augmented reality simulation in mining, real estate, tourism and care industries.
- Two Teamed Up Awards: One to Hungry Sky (Nick Lowe and Minh Tran) and the other to Dogmelon (Ant Wiese and Dan Fletcher).
For more information, visit the media statement 'Local games industry talent win grants to showcase on international stage'.
If you would like to receive updates on the games industry programs, email firstname.lastname@example.org