The Noongar Heritage Partnership Agreement (NHPA) provides a framework for the department and each of the six Noongar Regional Corporations to work in partnership to improve the recording, protection and preservation of Aboriginal sites within the Settlement Area.
- Aboriginal site preservation and management
- data on the Aboriginal Heritage Inquiry System (AHIS)
- the exchange of information with regard to Aboriginal sites between the DPLH and Noongar people, as facilitated by the six Noongar Regional Corporations.
The Noongar Regional CorporationsShow more
- advise the department on Aboriginal heritage matters within the six ILUA areas
- create and amend local and regional Heritage Management Plans within the six ILUA areas
- provide recommendations and advice to the DPLH to inform decisions on the application of Sections 16, 18, 19 and 20 of the Aboriginal Heritage Act 1972 (WA)
- provide advice and work with the department in the preparation of policies, programs and other heritage management documents for the six ILUA areas
- provide advice and work with the department on the development of Aboriginal heritage training and employment initiatives within the six ILUA areas.