What we do
The Government Architect, supported by the Design and Built Environment unit in the Department of Planning, Lands and Heritage, works with government, industry and academic stakeholders across four streams of activity:
- Projects – providing strategic design advice on major public projects.
- Policy –developing policy and practice frameworks to improve the quality of the built environment.
- Advocacy – promoting the value of good design through research, training, guidance and events.
- Design Review - independent expert analysis and informed assessment of proposals.
Rebecca Moore - Government ArchitectShow more
Rebecca is Chair of the State Design Review Panel, playing a significant role in the design review of major government projects and those submitted as part of the COVID-19 economic stimulus program. Rebecca also sits on the following committees:
- Capital City Planning Committee
- City of Perth Design Advisory Committee
- AUDRC Board
Government Architects Network of AustraliaShow more
GANA members share a commitment to improving the quality of the built environment and ensuring that good design benefits the community. The network meets twice annually to discuss common interests, pertinent built environment issues and related activities. Officer level communication between GA offices occurs on a regular basis. Further information about other GANA members is available from the links below: