Cyber security for government agencies
Cyber crime poses a significant threat to the business community and government. The Cyber Security Unit in the Office of Digital Government is leading and coordinating whole-of-government cyber security initiatives to protect the integrity of government systems, and grow cyber security maturity across the sector. This work program has included:
- advice and support for agencies to improve their cyber security;
- development of a whole-of-government Cyber Security Incident Coordination Framework;
- a whole of government recruitment pool to facilitate the appointment of qualified cyber security professionals;
- a whole of government Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) system;
- a whole of government Security Operations Centre;
- participation in Cyber Security Cooperative Research Centre projects; and
- a work integrated learning program that provides students with real life cyber experience.
Cyber security consumer advice
Cyber security is everyone's responsibility. Learn how to protect yourself online and how to best secure your electronic devices, as well as personal and business information. Visit the 'For Consumers' links on the right for details.