The Economic Policy team aims to drive best regulatory practice, and be a leading catalyst for regulatory reform and red tape reduction. In doing so, we strive to reduce barriers to entrepreneurial activity, employment and investment across Western Australia.
We seek to do this in a collaborative and consultative manner, striving to improve outcomes for business, community and government.
Economic Policy works seamlessly together across teams:
- Better Regulation Unit (RIA Program)
- Economic modelling
- Red tape reduction
- Regulatory Reform
- Streamline WA
- Wages policy
Economic Policy offers the following services:
- Working with agencies to identify, quantify and reduce red tape
- Ensuring quality Regulatory Impact Assessment and assisting agencies across government to achieve best regulatory practice through advice, training and ongoing support
- Supporting agencies to identify, analyse and advance regulatory and economic reform
- Providing support and advice to the Minister and senior executives in the Department of Treasury on regulatory and economic issues
- Investigating and responding to Competitive neutrality Complaints
- Undertaking analysis, including specific reviews, to shape regulatory and economic reform.