Streamline WA is a whole of government initiative to make it easier to do business in WA by improving regulation and regulatory practice. Launched on 6 December 2018, Streamline WA is one of the WA Government’s Public Sector Reform initiatives to deliver better services and outcomes for Western Australians.
More effective regulation
Effective regulation supports innovation, investment and protects our community and environment, but ineffective regulation can increase the costs and difficulties of doing business.
We want to improve the way we develop and apply regulation in WA, to ensure that:
- Western Australians are confident that risks are well managed
- Regulatory requirements are clear and easy to understand
- Our decision making addresses risks and focuses on outcomes
- We apply regulation consistently and reduce overlap and duplication
- Government information, applications and processes are available online for maximum efficiency
By making regulation more effective, Streamline WA will encourage investment, make it easier to do business and create more jobs in Western Australia.