Licences issued by the Department of Water and Environmental Regulation under Part V Division 3 of the Environmental Protection Act 1986 are often issued for long periods of time.
Licences may be reviewed periodically to ensure that they remain up to date with current regulations and policies, and that they continue to effectively identify and manage potential risks to the environment and public health.
The Guideline: Industry Regulation licence reviews details:
- what can trigger a licence review
- how the scope and timeframe of a review are determined
- what information we use as part of the review assessment
- how we will engage with the licence holder and other stakeholders
- the potential licence review outcomes.
The Procedure: Industry Regulation licence reviews provides a step-by-step guide to the licence review process.