Report disruptive behaviour

Report disruptive behaviour at a public housing property.
Last updated: 11 April 2022

We all have a right to live in a peaceful neighbourhood and to the quiet enjoyment of our home. This means you and your neighbours have the right to enjoy and use your property in peace, privacy and comfort without interference. This applies to everyone, whether they own their home, rent privately or are a public housing tenant.

Tenants in public housing properties have responsibilities and obligations under their tenancy agreements and the Residential Tenancies Act 1987. Tenants must not:

  • cause intentional or reckless damage to the property
  • injure any person occupying or permitted on adjacent properties
  • use, cause or permit the property to be used for an illegal purpose
  • cause or permit an ongoing or unreasonable nuisance by the use of the property
  • cause or permit interference with the reasonable peace, comfort or privacy of those who live in the immediate vicinity of the property.

Disruptive behaviour is ongoing or unreasonable nuisance or disruption that occurs at or near a public housing property that negatively impacts those residing in the immediate vicinity. This can include:

  • excessive or ongoing noise
  • threats, intimidation, offensive behaviour or assault
  • unlawful trespass
  • noise and disturbance from household arguments

You can report disruptive behaviour at a public housing property online or on 1300 597 076.