|New Year's Day||Sunday 1 January &
Monday 2 January
|Monday 1 January||Wednesday 1 January|
|Australia Day||Thursday 26 January||Friday 26 January||Monday 27 January|
|Labour Day||Monday 6 March||Monday 4 March||Monday 3 March|
|Good Friday||Friday 7 April||Friday 29 March||Friday 18 April|
|Easter Sunday||Sunday 9 April *||Sunday 31 March *||Sunday 20 April|
|Easter Monday||Monday 10 April||Monday 1 April||Monday 21 April|
|Anzac Day||Tuesday 25 April||Thursday 25 April||Friday 25 April|
|Western Australia Day||Monday 5 June||Monday 3 June||Monday 2 June|
|King's Birthday #||Monday 25 September||Monday 23 September||Monday 29 September|
|Christmas Day||Monday 25 December||Wednesday 25 December||Thursday 25 December|
|Boxing Day||Tuesday 26 December||Thursday 26 December||Friday 26 December|
- When New Year’s Day, Anzac Day, Australia Day, or Christmas Day falls on a Saturday or Sunday the next following Monday is also a public holiday.
- When Boxing Day falls on a Saturday the next following Monday is also a public holiday, and when Boxing Day falls on a Sunday or Monday the next following Tuesday is also a public holiday.
* Easter Sunday was established as a public holiday in Western Australia in February 2022. Visit the Easter Sunday public holiday page for more information.
# • This public holiday was previously known as the Queen’s Birthday and will now be known as the King’s Birthday.
• Some regional areas in WA hold this public holiday on a different date - the 2022 dates are on the Regional WA public holiday dates page.
School term and school holiday dates for WA are on the Department of Education website.
Earlier dates for public holidays can be found on the Previous years public holiday dates page.
Employment entitlements for public holidays
Employment entitlements for public holidays will vary based on an employee's award coverage and employment arrangements.
- Visit the Public holiday pay and entitlements - state system employees page for information on public holiday employment entitlements and pay rates for employees in the WA state industrial relations system.
- Visit the Fair Work Ombudsman website for information for employees in the national industrial relations system.