The Be Groundwater Wise campaign, to be run by the Department of Water and Environmental Regulation, sees Ms Hahn provide a range of tips on how domestic garden bore owners can make simple adjustments to maintain a wonderful, waterwise garden in a drying climate.
Tips include advice on how to use your home reticulation better, how to care for your soil and what plants to use.
Be Groundwater Wise is part of the WA Government’s Kep Katitjin-Gabi Kaadadjan (Waterwise Perth action plan 2) to establish leading waterwise communities for Boorloo (Perth) and Bindjareb (Peel) by 2030.
Read more on begroundwaterwise.wa.gov.au and learn about
- Waterwise gardens, lawns and verges https://begroundwaterwise.wa.gov.au/waterwise-gardens-lawns-and-verges/
- Garden bore regulation https://begroundwaterwise.wa.gov.au/garden-bore-regulation/
- A collation of materials to share and download https://begroundwaterwise.wa.gov.au/share-and-download/
Three YouTube videos are available:
- Be Groundwater Wise - Horticulturalist Sabrina Hahn explains why groundwater is a precious resource
- Be Groundwater Wise - Horticulturalist Sabrina Hahn addresses garden bore users in Perth + Mandurah
- Be Groundwater Wise - Horticulturalist Sabrina Hahn on how to achieve a groundwater wise garden
Thanks to Irrigation Australia Ltd for their assistance in developing the new videos and their support of the campaign!