The improvement scheme will replace the Metropolitan Region Scheme and Local Planning Scheme No. 3 as the statutory land use planning instrument over the area.
The Ocean Reef Marina Improvement Scheme was gazetted Wednesday 30 September 2020 and is now the operative planning scheme for the marina.
The aim of this Scheme is to create an iconic waterfront precinct providing a range of recreational, tourism, residential, boating facilities and employment opportunities, by:
- the creation of a vibrant waterfront commercial precinct and public open space that will provide recreational amenity and a tourist destination for local residents and visitors to Perth
- the creation of sustainable employment opportunities in food and beverage, retail, service, commercial, tourism and marine related industries
- the provision of diverse housing density and choice, within high-quality residential precincts
- The delivery of an economically sustainable marina development including;
- boat pens, boat stacking facilities, marine facilities and services to meet the future demands of a growing Perth metropolitan population.
- upgraded facilities for existing recreational marine-based clubs and users.
- marine related commercial activities
- public boat launching ramps and associated facilities, including trailer parking areas
- while providing adequate separation between these activities and other land uses
- the appropriate management of environmental values.
The Lodging an application for development approval page contains the application form, information and tools required to guide you through making an application online.