Applications for the 2023 Innovator of the Year Program open on Tuesday, 2 May. Continue to check back on this page for more information coming soon on how to apply.
The Western Australian Government is committed to raising the profile of innovation in WA and supporting the delivery of government initiatives to advance the growth of our innovation-based industries.
The Western Australia Innovator of the Year (WAIOTY) Awards has showcased innovative and entrepreneurial individuals, businesses and creative minds since 2006. The program has benefited many of those who have participated, as well as the broader community of WA.
The program is a valuable initiative, which provides support to innovators and entrepreneurs across WA.
In accordance with the New Industries Fund, the objectives of the IOTY program are to:
- promote and acknowledge the success of Western Australian innovators;
- encourage co-support from industry for promotional activities;
- activate and strengthen industry-government research collaborations;
- engage communities throughout Western Australian regions in innovation; and
- promote job creation and economic diversification in Western Australia.
WA Innovator of the Year 2023
Applications for the 2023 program will open on Tuesday, 2 May 2023.
Click on the tiles below to find out more about our 2022 finalists and winners.
Thank you to the 2023 Innovator of the Year program sponsors:
Primary Sponsor: Rio Tinto
Platinum Award Sponsors: Business News, Wesfarmers and Woodside Energy
Gold Sponsors: Griffith Hack, Amplify Nexia Australia, Wrays, CERI - The Centre for Entrepreneurial Research and Innovation, and Biodesign Australia
Silver Sponsors: PwC, Murfett Legal, and Moore Australia