MyLeave Worker Information Page

Find below relevant MyLeave information for Workers in the construction industry. This includes FAQs, Newsletters, Relevant Links, Publications and Forms.

How Portable Long Service Leave Works

In Western Australia, to be entitled to a long service leave benefit you normally must accrue a minimum of 7 years service with a single employer.

However, if you work on site in the construction industry, you may find yourself working with many employers over the same period.

That’s why portable long service leave has been established by Government exclusively for construction industry workers.

MyLeave allows you to carry your long service leave benefits from employer to employer. So, it doesn’t matter how many employers you’ve worked for, you can still enjoy the long service leave benefits you’re entitled to.

For anymore queries please see our Workers FAQ Page and check Prescribed Awards to see if your work is covered by MyLeave

Worker Benefits

Show more

MyLeave provides a significant benefit to workers in the form of a portable long service leave. As long as workers remain within the construction industry their long service leave entitlements continue to accrue.

An additional benefit relates specifically to apprentices. Apprentices receive credits for their apprenticeship period without cost to employers. This benefit supports and encourages the apprenticeship scheme within the construction industry.

Portable long service leave with MyLeave is free for workers with costs being met by employers by payment of a contribution levy and returns form the funds invested.

Workers are entitled to 8 2/3 weeks leave after 10 years continuous employment with the one employer whilst employed, with a pro rata entitlement after 7 years with the one employer upon termination of service.  If a worker ceases employment with an employer before 7 years is served, then the worker is not entitled to any accrued long service leave.

To be eligible to be registered with MyLeave a worker must satisfy two criteria.  The worker must be:

  1. employed in classification of work referred to in a prescribed award relating to the construction industry, and
  2. be working on site in the construction industry.

For full list of prescribed awards please click the following link Prescribed Awards

The definition of construction industry can be found on the Definitions page.

Benefits of Registering:

  • Move from employer to employer, even interstate, without losing your long service leave benefits
  • Receive up to 8 2/3 weeks fully-paid long service leave after 10 years
  • Pro-rata leave available after 7 years
  • Your leave is managed and paid by the Construction Industry Long Service Leave Scheme
  • Benefit is only available to eligible construction industry workers who work on site

How to Claim your Leave

Show more

To claim, just complete and submit the Application for Payment of Long Service Leave Form (opens new window tab) to MyLeave by email.

The form is in two parts. You should complete Part 1, and your employer should complete Part 2. It can also be found in Publications and Forms.

MyLeave pays you at your ordinary rate of pay averaged over your last 220 days of service in the construction industry. If you are entitled to paid leave, your ordinary rate of pay is the amount due to you for paid leave (excluding leave loading), or if you are not entitled to paid leave, the ordinary rate of pay is the rate of pay payable for ordinary hours.

Please note that you should allow a minimum period of 2 weeks for MyLeave to approve and process your claim. 

Registering with MyLeave

Show more

To register, just complete and submit an Employee Registration Application Form (opens new window tab) to MyLeave.

Once your application is approved, you will be sent a letter containing your registration card and number and a password to access your service details using MyLeave’s web site.

MyLeave Workers Portal

Show more

Please use your MyLeave Portal for all your MyLeave requirements.

Worker Login

MyLeave Worker's FAQ

Show more

For full list of MyLeave's Worker FAQ please click the link below.

Worker's FAQ


Supervisors FAQ

Show more

“Supervisor” became an eligible classification of work when the Building and Construction General On-site Award 2020 was added to the Construction Industry Portable Paid Long Service Leave Regulations on 19 November 2021.

For full list of Supervisors FAQ please click the link below.

Supervisors FAQ



Show more

Years of apprenticeship can also count towards your long service leave.

For more information go to the MyLeave Apprentices Page 

Interstate Service

Show more

Following an agreement between similar long service leave Schemes operating in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, Australian Capital Territory and the Northern Territory; workers can have their interstate service recognised when qualifying for long service leave in Western Australia.

For more information go to the MyLeave Interstate Services Page 


Show more

Definitions of Employer, Construction Industry, Reportable Service of Days and Interstate Work can be found on the Definitions page.

Page reviewed 17 August 2022