Water rights in Western Australia are governed by the Rights in Water and Irrigation Act 1914.
There are multiple steps to apply for a water licence or permit:
- determine if you need a licence or permit for your proposal
- register to use Water Online
- apply online or choose the correct application forms for your proposal
- read the relevant application form guide
- complete your application form and supply all supporting information, including fees if applicable
- lodge your application with all supporting information
For further information or to make an enquiry contact us on 1800 508 885 or email@example.com.
If you need multiple assessments or you are not sure what is required for your project, you can contact the Department of Water and Environment Regulation through the one-stop shop.