Complain about a public authority

The Ombudsman investigates complaints about Western Australian public authorities.
Last updated:

These public authorities include:

  • State Government departments
  • agencies and boards
  • government services such as hospitals, prisons, schools and technical colleges
  • public universities
  • local governments

If you have a complaint we generally ask that you try to resolve it first with the public authority involved. Public authorities should have procedures for handling complaints. You need to give the public authority a chance to address your complaint.

If you are not satisfied after complaining to the public authority concerned, please contact us again.

If we are not able to assist with your complaint, we may be able to refer you to someone who can.

Our services are free and available to everyone.