Applications for the 2023 round are now open and closes on 9 December 2023. Apply online now.
This Health and Medical Life Sciences Market Access Grant Scheme aims to assist Western Australian small and medium enterprises (SMEs) that operate in this sector with the costs of attending national and international conferences and events to help support their business growth; access to investment; and potential partnerships.
The level of funding support is 80% of eligible costs (excluding GST) and up to a maximum of $5,000 per company.
$100,000 has been allocated to this round. The round is now open and closes on 9 December 2023.
Important - Please ensure you download and read the Guidelines document prior to applying as it contains further information.
Step 1 - check eligibilityShow more
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible for assistance under the program. However, there is a limited amount of grant funding available.
- Have applied through mags.grantplatform.com
- Live in WA;
- Are a company that operates in the Health and Medical Life Sciences sector;
- Are not requesting funding for activities that are supported through another funding program external to your company;
- Are a registered business based and headquartered in Western Australia for at least 24 months at date of application;
- Your business is targeting a market(s) for your partnering, investment, export and/or trade activities;
- Your business/organisation is a small to medium enterprise that employs fewer than 200 people or a not-for-profit group/industry association/business council that employs fewer than 200 people and is a legally constituted not-for-profit organisation recognised by JTSI;
- Your business/organisation holds at least one of the following:
- A valid Certificate of Incorporation
- A current Australian Business Number (ABN)
- A current Australian Company Number (ACN)
- Your business/organisation is a legally solvent entity;
- Your business/organisation is willing, and has the financial capacity to contribute, at least 20:80 applicant-to-Western Australian State Government funding;
- Your business/organisation confirms that only one application by your company has been submitted for the grant;
- Your business/organisation confirms that it will utilise the funds (if successful) only on eligible travel costs to the stipulated major industry conferences or business events;
- Your business/organisation confirms that the requested eligible expenditure is for future activity;
- Can justify alignment with the Health and Medical Life Sciences Industry Strategy and the proposed outcomes generated for your business and Western Australia.
- Can demonstrate a proposed travel budget with quotes and costs to the value of your asking amount.
- Your business/organisation has NOT previously received nor is likely to receive funding from other Commonwealth or State/Territory Government agencies for the same project/initiative;
Step 3 - completing your applicationShow more
Applications are assessed against the eligibility criteria as well as the round objectives.
In addition, the following documents are required at application:
- Project budget with quotes and estimates for costs.
Step 4 - assessment processShow more
The Department will convene a panel to assess eligible applications based on the criteria, and to make recommendations for funding.
To assist with their decision-making, the panel may seek advice from individuals with expertise in the area/s under consideration. They may also request further information from applicants if needed, to support claims against the criteria.
Panel deliberations and all related information and material are strictly confidential, subject to the requirements of the Freedom of Information Act 1992.
The final approval for applicant funding lies with the Department.
The Department’s decision is final and no further correspondence will be entered into.