Apply for a subsidy for operating life support equipment at home
Apply to subsidise the electricity costs of operating certain life support equipment at home.
The Life Support Equipment Electricity Subsidy Scheme is available to compensate eligible people for the electricity costs of operating life support equipment at home.
To be eligible
- the patient must be dependent on specified life support equipment used in their homes under specialist medical advice and
- the patient or the guardian/primary caregiver must be the holder of a Pensioner Concession Card (issued by either Centrelink or the Department of Veterans’ Affairs), Health Care Card (not including the Commonwealth Seniors Health Card) or Health Care Interim Voucher.
Eligible equipmentShow more
- Oxygen Concentrator - Adult - standard capacity
- Oxygen Concentrator - Adult - high capacity ‘New Life Intensity’
- Oxygen Concentrator - Child
- Feeding Pump
- Suction Pump
- Apnoea Monitor - Child only
- Heart Pump
- Nebuliser - Adult - only when a tracheostomy is expected to be in place for more than 6 months and nebulised therapy is required for life support purposes
- Nebuliser - Child - only when used every day for 1-2 hours per day
- Machine Assisted Peritoneal Dialysis Equipment
- Ventilator - VPAP or BPAP Machines
- CPAP Machine - Adult - only when clinically prescribed for adults with obesity hypoventilation syndrome, tracheomalacia, obstructive sleep apnoea with sleep hypoventilation, or other life threatening disease as determined by a specialist with usage over four hours per night
- CPAP Machine - Child - only when prescribed for severe obstructive sleep apnoea, tracheomalacia or other life threatening disease as determined by the treating specialist
61 8 9262 1373
1300 368 364 (WA country landline callers)