What is the FPC’s Community Fire Protection Grants Program?
The Forest Products Commission’s (FPC) Community Fire Protection Grants Program provides grants of up to $10,000 to support volunteer fire brigades and other relevant organisations with their fire prevention, preparedness, and response activities.
Grants are available for activities, training, equipment, and supplies to help prepare and protect fire brigades, local communities and the State’s softwood plantations from the threat of bush fire.
The program will prioritise applications that align with the FPC’s priorities linked to its softwood plantation management; increase understanding about fire management in plantations; and deliver the greatest benefits to local communities.
Who can apply?Show more
- Volunteer Bush Fire Brigades
- Local government authorities
- Not for profit and registered community groups, clubs and not for profit organisations (if their application aligns with the scope for the Fire Management Grants Program)
Types of grants available:Show more
- Equipment and supplies for firefighting, personal protective equipment (PPE) and related activities. Approval of the relevant local government authority or associated governing body will be required prior to applying. Funding for ongoing maintenance, insurance, infrastructure or any other associated costs will not be provided by the FPC. Funding up to $10,000 per application available.
- Training activities with a focus on enhancing bush firefighting capabilities. The priority for the FPC is on plantation fire management and response, however other general skills development relevant to bush fire prevention, operations and response may be supported. Funding up to $2,500 per application available.
- Networking and professional development events that enhance collaboration across emergency service agencies and community groups, or skills development and knowledge building linked to plantation fire prevention, operations and response. Funding up to $1,500 per application available.
When do applications close?Show more
Applications close at 5.00pm on Friday, 26 May 2023. Late submissions will not be accepted.
Applications must be for activities or expenditure that occur after 12 June 2023 and within 12 months of being awarded the grant. Recipients will be announced following a competitive assessment process.
Relevant paperwork must be received by the FPC before 23 June 2023, or the grant will be forfeited or held over to a future funding round.
How do I apply for the FPC’s Community Fire Protection Grants Program?Show more
If you are interested in participating in this round of Community Fire Protection Grants Program, download the application form and guidelines below:
** Please read the guidelines prior to completing the application form.
Who can I contact for more information?Show more
The Communications and Engagement Team are available to assist you. If you have queries or would like further clarification on funding guidelines, please email email@example.com.
For specific advice in relation to fire management or potential grant funding, please contact:
Greg Hodgson, FPC Manager Fire Protection, on (08) 9725 5246 / 0429 206600 or at