Can I get a vehicle licence concession?

There are many types of vehicle licence concessions for a range of people and industries and each one has its own application process.
Last updated:

The following are eligible for a discount on their vehicle licences:

  • seniors, veterans and pensioners 
  • certain charities
  • beekeepers 
  • kangaroo hunters
  • sandalwood pullers
  • stock transporters.

The WA agricultural industry has access to several reduced payments for vehicle licences, as do consular vehicles, trailers, semi-trailers and local government and state government vehicles.

Some caravans and camper trailers are exempt from vehicle licence duty only.

Owners of vehicles fitted with wheelchair hoists or ramps used primarily for people with disability get a concession but it is not available for vehicles used for commercial purposes.

Other concessions may be available to:

  • certain B and C class vehicles that require limited access to public roads. 
  • firefighting vehicles, ambulances and volunteer emergency service response vehicles. 
  • driving schools with prime movers more than 15,000kg used exclusively for heavy vehicle driving lessons.
  • owners of veteran and vintage vehicles that belong to an approved historic motoring club and use their vehicle exclusively in club events.
  • eligible modified classic vehicles 30 years or older, including street rod vehicles.