Passenger transport vehicle authorisations replace the following:
- taxi plates
- country taxi licences
- charter vehicle licences
- regular passenger transport omnibus licences
- ride shares
- tourism passenger transport services
- regular passenger transport services.
A passenger transport vehicle authorisation can only be granted to a vehicle:
- with a valid registration
- that has passed a roadworthiness inspection.
- with the correct class of motor injury insurance (PDF).
Anyone can apply for an authorisation and there are no limits to when and where you operate or how many authorisations you hold.
It is recommended you read the user guide (PDF) before applying so you can learn about the different categories of passenger transport vehicles, what equipment is needed and how the application process differs for each category.