- Grants of $5,000 to $12,000 are available for not-for-profit community organisations.
- Grants can cover up to 100% of project costs.
- Eligible projects include:
- installing solar PV systems and solar-connected batteries;
- replacing energy using equipment with new, more efficient equipment; and
- energy audits and monitoring equipment.
- In consultation with their community, federal Members of Parliament will identify potential applicants and projects in their electorates and invite them to apply.
- Community groups can contact their local federal MP to submit an expression of interest.
- Funding of up to $67,000 is available to fund up to 12 projects in each federal electorate.
- Applications can be submitted (by invited applicants only) between 1 July and 20 September 2021.
- Projects must be completed by 30 June 2022.
For more information see the Powering Communities Program