Based on the latest health advice, a mandatory vaccination policy for a majority of occupations and workforces in WA will be introduced in a phased approach.
The policy follows the existing mandates in place for workers in high-risk industries, including those interacting with people at an increased risk of being infected with COVID-19, or people who are vulnerable to the impacts of COVID-19, or where it is necessary to avoid catastrophic risk to the safety of the community.
The policy’s phased approach is to apply mandatory vaccinations for more industries in WA, as well as a requirement for other critical workers to be vaccinated to attend work in the event of a lockdown or similar restrictions.
Group 1 industries and occupations:
First dose by 1 December 2021 and fully vaccinated by 31 December 2021:
- Industries determined to have high transmission risk, or are a vulnerability risk or are necessary or critical to the safety of the community
- A number of these industries have been announced previously and are currently in the process of implementation
Group 2 industries and occupations:
First dose by 31 December 2021 and fully vaccinated by 31 January 2022:
- Industries and workforce deemed critical to ongoing delivery of business and the function of the community
- Mandating requirement in place to ensure the continuity of key services and businesses in the event of expected community transmission.
In the event of a lockdown:
Must be fully vaccinated to attend work during a lockdown or similar restrictions:
- These critical workers must be fully vaccinated to leave home to attend work, to decrease transmission risk and prevent impact on the delivery of services.
- For a full breakdown of each group, see Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination information
- Mandatory vaccination frequently asked questions (external link)
- Getting proof of vaccination
To book a COVID-19 vaccine, visit Roll up for WA (external link).