We grant licences to the occupiers of prescribed premises under Part V of the Environmental Protection Act 1986 (EP Act). The EP Act provides for a licence to remain in force for the period that is specified in the licence.
In determining the licence duration of a licence granted under Part V, Division 3 of the EP Act, the CEO or his/her delegate will have regard to providing the maximum appropriate licence term, up to 20 years, taking account of:
- the duration of other statutory approvals, such as planning approvals
- the level of risk of harm to public health and the environment posed by the premises
- whether the licenced premises has been subject to recent environmental assessment
- matters relevant to the efficient operation of the licensing regime
- any other matter the CEO considers relevant.
Please download the document below.