It is based on a framework of planning principles, strategic goals and State strategic directions that respond to the challenges and opportunities that drivers of change present for the future land-use planning and development of Western Australia.
The Strategy supports the Government’s intention to undertake a collaborative approach to planning for the State’s land availability, physical and social infrastructure, environment, economic development and security.
The State Planning Strategy 2050 will guide and inform:
- local community plans, growth plans and local planning schemes and strategies with structure planning and development assessments;
- project approvals through the Government’s Lead Agency Framework;
- planning for the coordination of physical and community infrastructure;
- region scheme amendments, regional planning and infrastructure frameworks, regional investments and service delivery programs; and
- investment proposals into areas and sectors of the State most likely to generate a return in the public interest.