Government office accommodation
Western Australian general government agencies aim for accommodation in more efficient, effective and sustainable workplaces that improve community access and achieve government priorities and objectives. The Department of Finance works with agencies on their office accommodation, on behalf of the Minister for Works (responsible for administering the Public Works Act 1902).
The Department is responsible for procuring and managing over 560,000 square metres of government office accommodation with over 470,000 square metres of leased space and 90,000 square metres of space vested with the Minister for Works across 20 buildings.
The Department aims to provide:
- value-for-money and sustainable office accommodation
- appropriate and accessible locations for staff and service delivery
- work environments that are enjoyed by everyone
- flexible and adaptable workspaces
- well maintained and professional accommodation
- workspaces that enhance strong communication, teamwork and productivity
- government business improvements through integrated ICT solutions
- cohesive and professional services to client agencies
Key services include:
- the procurement and management of leases for office accommodation on behalf of Government
- providing assistance to agencies to optimise their service delivery through office accommodation design and planning
- working with agencies to deliver value-for-money office accommodation solutions
- supporting agencies through the relocation and change process
- managing the occupation of Minister for Works’ Government owned office buildings
Government office accommodation policies and standards
Premier’s Circular 2018/01 Government Office Accommodation Policy directs general government agencies to procure, fit-out, refurbish and manage office accommodation in accordance with the Government Office Accommodation Policy.
The policy and supporting documents have been updated and PDF copies are available below. Please contact Government Office Accommodation on 6551 2187 or email email@example.com for further information.
- Government Office Accommodation Policy
- Government Office Accommodation Standards
- Government Office Accommodation Policy Application Guidelines
The Government Office Accommodation Policy and Government Office Accommodation Standards apply to all general government agencies as outlined in the State Budget 2018-19 Budget Paper No.3 Economic and Fiscal Outlook (page 207 to 208).
The following forms are available for agencies requiring the procurement of office accommodation and fit-out:
These forms can be tailored to agencies’ requirements by GOA, please email enquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org