The WA Government released its economic development framework, Diversify WA, in July 2019. The vision of Diversify WA is for the state to have ‘a strong and diversified economy delivering secure, quality jobs through increased investment across a broad range of industries.
To achieve this vision, Diversify WA identified priority sectors of the economy that would be a development focus for government.
The following 6 priority sectors were identified based on a matching of global trends to the state’s strengths:
- tourism, events and creative industries
- international education
- mining and mining equipment and technical services
- technology and advanced manufacturing
- primary industries
Given our existing role in the development of many of these sectors, the department was appointed the lead agency for the implementation of Diversify WA.
- State Government’s LNG Jobs Taskforce
- Green Hydrogen potential
- Large-scale renewables and hydrogen
- Collie Futures Fund
- Future Battery Industry Strategy
- WA Domestic Gas Policy
- Steel Fabrication Roundtable
- Local Industry Participation in Wind Farm Supply
- Northern Australia Infrastructure Facility
- Salt and minerals from brine