While innovation takes place across Western Australia, a designated hub provides focus, and acts as a beacon to attract startups and small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). They also foster community pride by helping to promote academic excellence and industry strength.
Cybersecurity is an area of strength and competitive advantage for Western Australia. The WA AustCyber Innovation Hub supports and accelerates new and emerging businesses and SMEs to create new jobs and new industries.
Hub Director, Cecily Rawlinson, actively seeks opportunities to grow WA’s cybersecurity industry, focusing on:
- underpinning (critical) infrastructure
- countering cybercrime
- big data (data science/analysis).
Visit the WA AustCyberHub website
The WA Data Science Innovation Hub ensures WA remains at the forefront of the digital revolution by increasing the uptake, education, training and awareness of data science.
As well as promoting the value of data science across WA, the hub also provides new and emerging businesses and SMEs with access to:
- expertise and specialised data science capabilities in universities and trained graduates
- upskilling programs
- the translation of data science capabilities from the resources sector to emerging sectors.
Visit the WA Data Science Innovation Hub website
The MTPConnect WA Life Sciences Innovation Hub focuses on medical technology, biotechnologies and pharmaceuticals to grow Western Australia’s life sciences sector, support local jobs and create opportunities for greater access to international markets.
The hub’s Director of Stakeholder Engagement, Dr Tracey Wilkinson, and Director of Biomedical Innovation, Professor Kevin Pfleger, focus on growing local opportunities in:
- digitally enabled MTP solutions – particularly for rural and remote applications
- the development of medical devices
- precision medicine and regenerative medicine products and services including utilising WA's internationally recognised capability in phenomics
- clinical trials and development of pre-clinical expertise and capability
- skills development in product translation and commercialisation
- investment attraction.
Visit the MTPConnect WA Life Sciences Innovation Hub website or contact: