The WA Industry Link helps small and medium sized businesses get a bigger share of Western Australian Government procurement, which is worth around $30 billion per year.
A key feature of the WA Industry Link is the Western Australian Industry Participation Strategy (WAIPS), which is a significant outcome of the WA Government’s Plan for Jobs and the Western Australian Jobs Act 2017.
The WAIPS ensures contractors submit a participation plan as part of their tender bid for government contracts. These plans outline contractors’ commitments to employment in addition to the involvement of local businesses as subcontractors. As part of the procurement process, WA Government agencies then assess the participation plans, and incorporate them into their supply contracts.
The WA Industry Link portal includes useful information for businesses and WA Government agencies including:
- WAIPS operational guidelines and relevant policy information for agencies;
- Advice for businesses on how to complete their participation plans;
- Advisory services and financial support programs such as the Local Capability Fund;
- Links to Local, State and Federal Government supply opportunities;
- Relevant news and events.