We undertake to:
- give friendly and helpful service
- treat all customers with courtesy, respect and impartiality
- maintain the highest ethical standards
- be sensitive to the needs of all customers by providing accessible services and facilities
- provide information needed on Registry processes
- reply to general correspondence within five working days. A contact name and phone number will be given in the correspondence
- continually strive to improve ourselves.
We recognise our responsibility to:
- accurately record all information given to us
- permanently preserve all records we create
- correct any record that contains inaccurate information.
Registration of births, deaths, marriages and change of nameShow more
If the information submitted is complete and accurate from the date of receipt at the Perth Registry, we will register a:
- birth within four days
- death within three days
- marriage within six days
- change of name allow a minimum of fifteen working days.
Apply for certificatesShow more
Life event certificates are only available on receipt of a correctly completed application form and payment of prescribed fees. Eligibility and evidence-of-identity requirements must also be met.
Life Event Certificates
- Birth (1841 onwards)
- Death (1841 onwards)
- Marriage (1841 onwards)
- Replacement Change of Name
- Single Status
Allow up to two (2) working days plus regular postal delivery time.
Priority paid: Processing within 24 hours of receipt plus regular postal delivery time.
Commemorative birth certificates are not included in the above service guarantees.
Uncertified Copy (Open Era)
- Allow up to 15 working days plus regular return postal delivery.
Corrections to a certificate
- Allow up to four (4) working days plus regular postal delivery time (where applicable).