Homelessness services and housing options

The services and information below can be used by people who are currently homeless or are at risk of becoming homeless, and are seeking assistance.
Last updated: 12 August 2022

Entrypoint Perth

Entrypoint Perth provides a free assessment and referral service assisting people who are experiencing homeless or are at risk of becoming homeless in Western Australia to access accommodation and support options.

Entrypoint can be contacted on 1800 124 684, Monday to Friday from 9am to 7pm, and Saturday from 9am to 5pm.

Crisis Care

Crisis Care provides Western Australia's after-hours response to reported concerns for a child's safety and wellbeing and information and referrals for people experiencing crisis.

You can contact Crisis Care on 1800 199 008 if you are concerned about the wellbeing of a child, are escaping domestic violence and need help or are experiencing homelessness.

Housing options

The State Government, through the Department of Communities (Communities), provides a range of support to people with various housing needs. This includes rental assistance, public housing, financial support to becoming a homeowner and issues related to urgent homelessness.

If you need to relocate to a private rental, you may be eligible for an interest free Bond Assistance Loan from the Communities to overcome the upfront cost of renting in the private market. This is an interest free loan for bond assistance and up to two weeks rent in advance.

For more information on the range of supports available and related eligibility requirements, visit the Housing Options page on the Communities’ website. Should you wish to lodge an application for public housing, please contact your local Housing Office to complete a Housing Options Assessment which will provide information about the housing assistance options you may be eligible for based on your current household circumstances.