The Child Witness Service is available at any court in Western Australia including the Magistrates Court, Children's Court, District Court or Supreme Court.
The Child Witness Service is a voluntary and free service available to children under 18 years of age who are to give evidence to a court.
Trained staff can assist with:
- preparing a child for giving evidence in court and providing in court support
- accessing services such as counselling, police, legal, medical and other relevant services
- working with the WA Police and the Director of Public Prosecutions and as a matter progresses through the court system
- help to write a victim impact statement
- help with enquiries about your rights in the criminal justice system, including criminal injuries compensation claims.
Child Witness Service
Level 2, District Court Building
500 Hay Street
PERTH WA 6000
Phone: +6 18 9425 2850 or 1800 818 988