All jetties require a licence to ensure they meet all safety and maintenance standards and do not interfere with navigation. These include:
- fixed or floating structures
- landing places
- erected or placed structures
Applications need to include:
- a copy of the certificate of title or lease for the nearest property
- an A4 site plan showing the jetty’s dimensions and its location in relation to your property. It must include all other structures such as boat ramps, other jetties and mooring poles
- the completed application form and fee.
If the proposed jetty structure does not conform to approved specifications, engineering drawings must be submitted with the site plan.
For licences in a company name, you also need to provide:
- a copy of the certificate of incorporation
- an Australian Business Number
- names and addresses of two company directors who will be guarantors.
Send your application to:
Department of Transport
Coastal Facilities Management
Perth WA 6839
Construction work on new jetties must not start until the licence has been awarded.