Apply to translocate fish

Translocation approval is required for the movement of live non-endemic fish into, and within, Western Australia.
Last updated:

Translocation applications can be made via our online automated application process or by completing and submitting an application form.  

There are three ways to legally translocate (move) live non-endemic fish in Western Australia:

  • streamlined translocation approval
  • standard translocation approval
  • a translocation authority

Further information about translocation approval process and guidelines is available on the Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development website.