Apply for a trailer Vehicle Identification Number

Request a Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) for a new trailer online.
Last updated: 3 August 2018

Owners or builders can request a low volume VIN for a new trailer. A separate form is required to get a surrogate VIN for a motor vehicle in Western Australia.

For full details including information on imported trailers, the Australian Company Number and a VIN for a crane visit the Department of Transport website.