You may need to get your vehicle inspected to:
- license it
- remove a defect notice such as a yellow sticker
- if an annual inspection is required.
Before booking, you need to ensure the vehicle is not subject to a compulsory recall for vehicles fitted with a Takata air bag. If you turn up and have this type of air bag, your inspection will be cancelled.
Authorised private businesses provide vehicle inspections in metropolitan and regional areas and you can search for the one most convenient to you. Book and pay for the inspection directly with the one you choose.
One the day of the inspection you should:
- arrive 15 minutes before your appointment time
- bring your vehicle licence papers or a declaration of vehicle ownership (PDF)
- provide identification and proof of residency in Western Australia
- show a weighbridge certificate if the vehicle’s weight cannot be found in the manufacturer's specifications, previous licence documents or licensing records.
If your vehicle is unlicensed you will need a temporary movement permit to transport it to the inspection.