There are different requirements depending on the refund you are applying for:
- If you have an accident, the refund applies from when you return the vehicle plates unless there is a copy of the accident report or letter from the insurer confirming the date. If the plates are lost, stolen or destroyed you also need to fill in a separate form.
- Concessions can be backdated if you have paid full rates on vehicle fees but you must show proof you are eligible.
- Refunds on stolen vehicles are effective from the date the theft was reported to police.
- If a payment error was made you need to show proof of payment or provide a statutory declaration.
- Refunds for returned plates apply from the date the plates are received.
- If you are selling a vehicle to an interstate buyer, you need to de-licence it and return the plates before the sale.
- Refunds on cancelled deals only apply when a vehicle is not delivered to a client by a vehicle dealer.
To apply for a refund, take the completed form and original receipt to a Driver and Vehicle Services Centre or regional agent or post it to:
Driver and Vehicle Services
GPO Box R1290
Perth WA 6844