Apply for a passenger transport driver authorisation

An annual passenger transport driver authorisation allows you to drive a vehicle for hire or reward.
Last updated:

Examples of transport for hire or reward include:

  • taxis
  • buses
  • premium charters
  • limousines
  • ride shares
  • contracted mine site charters
  • inbound tours
  • dial a skipper services
  • school buses
  • tourist coaches
  • CAT buses
  • community transport services
  • car pooling with more than nine people.

You can apply for a transport driver authorisation if you are aged 20 or more and have a valid WA driver’s licence. 

Alternatively, you need to have held a driver’s licence or equivalent for three years in another state, territory or country and not been disqualified from holding a passenger transport driver authorisation.