These protections are necessary to ensure that people who require approved life support equipment in electricity on-selling arrangements are made aware ahead of time that their supply of electricity will be interrupted, so they can have contingency plans in place.
- Protections for residents in electricity on-selling arrangements who require life support equipment
- Sample Form: Life support equipment address registration
- Electricity Industry Exemption Order 2005
- Electricity Industry (Caravan Park Operators) Exemption Order 2005
- Review of the Electricity Industry (Metering) Code 2012 Life Support Equipment Provisions (2018)
If you require the use of approved life support equipment and do not reside in an on-selling arrangement, please contact your electricity retailer to register as a Life Support customer as soon as possible. Details can be found on your electricity retailer’s website or by phoning them directly: