About the program
We are all about ensuring our workforce is made up of ‘Good Humans’ who are given the platform to have a voice and contribute to the things that matter to them and the WA community. If this sounds like the work environment you want to be part of, then come and join our awesome team.
We seek dedicated, innovative and talented individuals and look to you to provide your unique insights on our work in the community including:
- local government
- sport and recreation
- culture and the arts
- Aboriginal culture
- multicultural interests
- racing, gaming and liquor.
When you join our team you’ll have the opportunity to undertake research, policy and project activities across our service areas. We strive to support our graduates to build the knowledge and confidence needed to start a successful career within the public sector.
- A structured 12 month program, with customised rotations through diverse business areas, matching your development goals and area of interest
- An exciting learning and development program, to build your workplace capability through:
- a comprehensive corporate induction
- access to our new learning management system
- cultural immersion and competency workshops
- A dynamic work environment with a culture that values creativity and diversity.
- Enrolment in the Public Sector Commission Launch program
- Access to our employee wellness initiatives.
Attributes we are seeking in candidates
- Alignment with our agency values
- Excellent communicators
- Team players and network builders
- Problem solvers
- Unique perspectives
Applications for the 2024 graduate program are now closed.
Go to Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries for more information.
Doon - Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries Graduate Program