The State Government has committed $1 million towards retaining early childhood education and care workers in regional Western Australia through the establishment of a capped grant fund ($250,000 per annum) to local governments in regional areas to fund retention and attraction workforce packages.
Funding of up to $25,000 is available for Local Government Authorities to deliver a range of activities including:
- subsidised accommodation/housing
- intrastate travel relevant to the project
- relocation packages
- training and professional development
- support for educators to complete their practicums (including wages for relief staff)
- purchase of small capital items to support online learning
- workshops, seminars and talks to recruit prospective educators.
Partnerships with more than one Local Government Authority may apply for a greater amount of funding commensurate to the number of Local Government Authorities and the regional coverage.
- Status: Closed
- Amount: Grants up to $25,000
- Open date: 28/11/2022
- Close date: 01/02/2023
- Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Local Government||Program Name||Amount Funded||Region|
|Shire of Ravensthorpe||Ravensthorpe Childcare Workers Professional Development||$22,399||Goldfields-Esperance|
|Shire of Lake Grace||Support Gnowangerup Family Support Association in their delivery of childcare service at Newdegate||$25,000||Great Southern|
|Shire of Gnowangerup||Travel Subsidy to Support Educators||$32,130||Great Southern|
|Shire of Shark Bay||Subsidised accommodation for remote area, in venue Family Day Care Educators||$25,000||Gascoyne|
|Shire of Wyndham-East Kimberley||Childcare worker housing support||$36,000||Kimberley|
|Shire of Carnarvon||Advancing Early Year Futures Stage 2 Project||$25,000||Gascoyne|
|Shire of Kent||Central Great Southern Early Childhood Education and Care Conference 2023||$10,000||Great Southern|
|Town of Port Hedland||Town of Port Hedland - Community Childcare Grants Program||$25,000||Pilbara|