How to apply
Submit an online application form, which you can access through the Online Services Portal.
- After registering, you will receive an email with your login details.
- Log in, then select the First Home Owner and Building Grants service.
- Once you have logged in, you can apply for a building grant, or add supporting documents after you have lodged your application and received an email confirming that we have received it.
- We will send you an email when your application is processed.
Providing false or misleading information to the Department of Finance is a criminal offence. If it is determined that you have provided false and misleading information to obtain, or attempt to obtain the grant, prosecution action may be undertaken and you may not be eligible to receive a grant on future applications. See our news article for more information.
Building Bonus grant
See information about applying for a Building Bonus grant.
Building a new detached home
Applications close on 30 April 2023.
- Lodge your application before 30 April 2023. You can upload supporting documents at any time after you have lodged your application but before 30 April 2023.
- Construction must commence within 18 months of signing your contract.
- Foundations must be laid by 30 April 2023.
Purchasing off-the-plan in a single-tier development
- Lodge your application as soon as possible. You can upload supporting documents at any time after you have lodged your application.
- Construction must commence with 18 months of signing your contract.
- When construction has been completed and you are the registered owner of the property, you will be eligible to be paid the grant.
See information about applying for a HomeBuilder grant.
Applications for the HomeBuilder grant closed on 14 April 2021. You can upload supporting documents through the Online Services Portal when they are available but before 30 April 2023.