Date approved: 2 March 2022
For our partners, contractors, subcontractors and suppliers we also have a Statement of Business Ethics.
These are the standards we set:
- respond to queries promptly
- identify themselves
- listen carefully to what you have to say
- work with you to resolve any disputes
- treat you with fairness and respect
- are helpful, polite and courteous
- advise if unable to assist and redirect you if possible
- have the appropriate authority to assist or find someone who can
- follow through on any commitments they make
- value and encourage feedback
- acknowledge and rectify any error when it occurs
- act in accordance with the Public Sector Code of Ethics.
Our information is:
- easy to access, including in other formats if requested
- accurate and consistent
- relevant and practical.
- are fair and impartial
- are completed within specified timeframes
- take individual needs into consideration.
These are our expectations of our customers:
To assist us to assist you, we ask that you:
- provide us with timely, accurate and relevant information
- recognise and understand your responsibilities and accountabilities
- give us constructive feedback about our products and services
- treat our staff with respect and courtesy.
We value feedback and encourage you to help us improve our products and services by:
- complimenting us on what we do well
- offering suggestions on what we might do differently.
Making a complaint about the Commission
We want to know if a product or service does not meet your expectations. If you are dissatisfied with the Commission’s staff, products or services you may make a complaint to us. In most cases, we can only accept a complaint from the affected person. If you are unable to act for yourself, we may accept a complaint from a representative. We may ask for written confirmation from you that you are happy for the representative to act on your behalf.
Before you make a complaint, we ask that you first try to resolve the matter with the relevant staff member or division.
Once we receive your complaint, we:
- acknowledge receipt of the complaint
- handle your concern in a confidential manner
- consider your complaint carefully
- keep you informed on the progress of your complaint
- provide you with reasons for any decisions made
- use your complaint to help us improve our products and services.
Feedback and complaints about the Commission’s staff, products and services:
|Public Sector Commission|
|T:||(08) 6552 8500|
|A:||Locked Bag 3002
West Perth WA 6872
Taking a complaint further
If you are not satisfied with the outcome after dealing with us, you may contact the Ombudsman WA:
|Ombudsman Western Australia|
|T:||(08) 9220 7555|
|Freecall:||1800 117 000 (free from landlines)|
|A:||PO Box Z5386, St Georges Terrace
Perth WA 6831