The WAPC, has reviewed the State’s water planning policy framework and released Draft State Planning Policy 2.9 Planning for Water (SPP 2.9) and Planning for Water Guidelines for public comment.
Draft SPP 2.9 and Guidelines will help streamline and simplify the current planning framework to deliver greater clarity around how water-related provisions are implemented.
Once gazetted, it is intended that SPP 2.9 and Guidelines will replace water-related policies including State Planning Policy 2.10 Swan-Canning river system.
To view Draft SPP 2.9 and Guidelines and have your say on its content, please visit our online consultation hub.
The objectives of this policy are to:
- provide a regional framework for the preparation of precinct plans based on the precincts identified in the Swan River System Landscape Description
- provide a context for consistent and integrated planning and decision making in relation to the river
- ensure that activities, land use and development maintain and enhance the health, amenity and landscape values of the river, including its recreational and scenic values.
Development control and operational policiesShow more
- 1.1 - Subdivision of land - general principles - Feb 2020
- 1.2 - Development control - general principles - Aug 2004
- 2.2 - Residential subdivision - Oct 2017
- 2.3 - Public open space in residential areas - May 2002
- 3.4 - Subdivision of rural land - Dec 2016
- 4.1 - Industrial subdivision - Jul 1988
- 4.2 - Planning for hazards and safety - Jun 1991