Applications for the 2021 Innovation Vouchers Program are now open.
Please find the 2021 applicant guideline PDF below and an informational video on this page, to assist in application submission.
About the program
The Innovation Vouchers Program can provide your start-up or small business with the financial boost it needs to access professional skills, services or knowledge, enabling you to advance your idea or commercial activity in Western Australia.
The WA Government recognises that start-ups and small businesses have great ideas, but that taking these ideas and turning them into new and sustainable business opportunities with real commercial outcomes can be difficult.
The program is designed to assist innovators to overcome some of the barriers on the path to commercialisation. It aims to catalyse new relationships between innovators, research providers and specialist commercialisation support services, or to move tentative collaborations into a productive relationship.
Under the New Industries Fund, the Innovation Vouchers Program objectives are:
- Stimulate the WA start-up and small business sectors by supporting innovation initiatives.
- Decrease the commercialisation gap.
- Activate industry-government-research collaborations.
- Increase research and development (R&D) investment into WA.
- Promote job creation and economic diversification in WA.
The purpose of the Innovation Vouchers Program is to:
- help develop new or enhanced commercially-ready products or services
- establish prototypes, processes or systems to attract additional investment
- address a particular technical problem that cannot be solved by the applicant, or for which the solution is not readily available.
The program allows for funding up to $20,000 vouchers to be awarded to eligible start-ups and small businesses. Recipients will need to provide a net cash co-investment at a rate of at least 20:80 applicant-to-state government funding.
Funding applications must fall under one of the Innovation Vouchers Program eligible expenditure categories:
- Research and Development
- Product Development
- Technology Transfer and Intellectual Property
- Commercialisation Support Services.
How to apply
Applications for the 2021 round are open now until 11am AWST on Tuesday, 25 May 2021.
Applications are completed through the online portal innovationvouchers.grantplatform.com.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com
Information Video & Applicant Guidelines
The 2021 Innovation Vouchers Program Applicant Guidelines are available for download by clicking the link below.
Please note: the Applicant Guidelines and Information Video reference the program launch as being Tuesday 27 April 2021 however, the opening date is Friday 30 April 2021.
2020 Innovation Voucher recipientsShow more
- Active Aquila PTY LTD - SUTEC - STAND UP (OR SIT UP) TO EMPTY
- Emergency Triage Services (ETS) - Remote telepresence and life support system development
- What the Doctor Said Pty Ltd - What the Doctor Said
- Dynamic Mining Innovations Pty Ltd - Controlled Force Crusher (CFC)
- Singular Health Pty Ltd - Virtual Anatomy Academy - Immersive VR Medical Education
- Geoscience Data Management Systems Pty Ltd - Geoscience data collection, interpretation, management and visualisation
- Zipform Packaging Pty Ltd - Project Pump
- Mine Tech Australia Pty Ltd - SafeGuard Safety Statistics Data Sharing Capacity and App Functionality
- Inova Medical Pty Ltd - Abcease: A novel kit for draining skin abscesses
- Medimodels Pty Ltd - Alive airway trainer - for Nasendoscopy and intubation
- Ear Science Institute Australia - ClearDrum®: an acoustically-optimised silk implant to treat chronic middle-ear disease
- Digital Therapeutics Labs Pty Ltd - BeatStepper
- Rubix Health - Rubix Health - Digital Workflow App
- Sunovate - Remote & Mobile Photovoltaic Thermal (RAM PVT) System
- GET Trakka Pty Ltd - Real-time Wear Monitoring for GET
- VeinTech Pty Ltd - VeinWave: Improving first pass cannulation success
- Neurotologix Pty Ltd - Digital health - Remote patient monitoring to diagnose dizziness
- Inspiring Pty Ltd - Development of a novel universal spacer system for inhaled therapies
- CAPS Australia Pty Ltd - National Asset Telemetry
- Force Hooks PTY LTD - Portable athlete testing system
- ARCS Group - Novel calibration chamber for efficient gas sensor calibration
- The EFT Playbook (for Couple Therapists) - Counselling training tool to reduce relationship distress/divorce in urban/regional/remote WA
- Diag-Nose Medical Pty Ltd - Diag-Nose medical - SinuSight product
- Oxidation Technologies Pty Ltd - Enhanced refractory mineral oxidation process
- Wise Realities - Mental Health improvement through Virtual Reality Storytelling
- HealthRegen Pty Ltd - Commercialisation Feasibility Studies of Diabetes Complementary Medicine Products
- Tan Ninety Pty Ltd - 1TASK - An Innovative Task Collaboration App for the Resource Industry
- Foodcubed Pty Ltd - Foodcube Urban Farm
- NEXXIS - Smart Industrial Robotic Arm
- Iron Matrix - Iron Matrix
- Better Nature Australia - PRC778, a novel, natural and safe headache relief product
- Rhino Hide Pty Ltd - Rhinohide vehicle body armour for on and off-road application
- Electro Nautic - WaveFlyer S1 Electric Hydrofoil Watercraft Rotomolded Hull
- Safe T Tag - SafeTTag™- A safer electrical plug, safety device
- Backyard Industries Pty Ltd - Backyard Bash, the worlds most advanced Cricket Wicket.
- Fuselage Design Pty Ltd - The Cat-Foil Stand-Up Paddle-board / Kayak.
2019 Innovation Voucher recipientsShow more
- AMLab Pty Ltd - Machine vision for fully automated ship-to-shore container cranes
- Ceratonia Pty Ltd - Carob - new food products from drought-tolerant tree crop
- Element8 - Green Screen - Redesign of traditional screen panels
- Fledge Technology Pty Ltd - OriOn Sunshade Trial
- GET Trakka Pty Ltd - MILL Trakka: Real-time comminution data delivering production & cost efficiencies
- HP LAT Pty Ltd - High-Performance Low Abrasion Tray (HP LAT) for mining trucks
- JKP Marine Pty Ltd - Aboriginal Heritage sacred site monitoring
- Money School Pty Ltd - Online, independent financial independence calculation and tracking tool for adults
- Power Research and Development Pty Ltd - High voltage battery
- Protective Innovations Pty Ltd - Go To Market (commercialisation) strategy for electrical safety technology
- Rex Ortho Pty Ltd - REX Screw Technology
- Selvax Pty Ltd - Self-vaccine immunotherapy for cancer
- Shadrach Burnover Protection Pty Ltd - Shadrach Burnover Protection
- Virtual Guest - Virtual Guest Platform
- Wild West Holdings Pty Ltd T/As Louvre Shade - Louvre shade concept.
2018 Innovation Voucher recipientsShow more
- Apetics - Battery-powered peristaltic micro doser for winemaking
- Atom Minerals Pty Ltd - Precious metal recovery; Detoxification of contaminated mine sites
- AutiSense Pty Ltd - Dental detectives check: digital preventive oral healthcare platform
- Cadds Group Pty Ltd - Hydraulic drive shaft handler
- Custom Carbon Pty Ltd - Advanced manufacture of customised composite cycling shoes
- Dr CHill - Bougie and endotracheal tube connector device
- EcoDrive AeroEngines Ltd - EcoDrive AeroEngine
- Electro.Aero Pty Ltd - Prototype ElectrDuct 115 propulsion systems for sustainable aviation
- Energon Pty Ltd - Solar farm combined with crypto mining operation
- Galvin Engineering - Safe-connect shower
- GENiUX - Geniux Go (Ggo)
- Healthregen Pty Ltd - Game-changing therapies for pandemic diabetes
- M3B Labs Pty Ltd - Disrupt the labour market for WA mums
- IQ Seven Actionable Intelligence Pty Ltd – independent website intelligence platform for small businesses
- iSOL8 Pty Ltd - ISOL8
- Laconik - Spatial data to improve on-farm fertiliser decisions; Play’N to Win
- LIVEstock Pricing Pty Ltd - Livestock pricing
- Poach Pear - Artisan plant-based pate utilising secondary produce and fortified with B12
- ProofDB Pty Ltd - Global permanent vaccination record for companion and eventing animals
- Red Rust Contracting - Barbed wire fence strainers
- Salutem Analytics - Scan2Detect
- Syrinx Environmental Pty Ltd - Green Infrastructure Assessment Matrix (GIAM) Web Application
- Triphasic Cardiac Pump Pty Ltd - A novel cardiac pump for physiological perfusion.
2017 Innovation Voucher recipientsShow more
- Ausplow Pty Ltd - Granular air delivery system sectional control module
- Balconi Telecommunications - Balconi Smart Torch
- Coplin Corp Pty Ltd - KodeKLIX educational hardware
- Iris Biomedical - Childbirth monitor
- Four Flags Pty Ltd - Bulk explosive reduction device
- FRAME VR - The Mechatron VR System
- GoPC Pty Ltd – BankVault
- HUMM Technologies – EDGE
- IMR Technologies Pty Ltd - SensaLink vehicle crash alert device
- MALDIID Pty Ltd - Legume root nodule bacteria identification
- Natuva Pty Ltd - Continuous process for natural liquid soap
- Nimble Equipment Pty Ltd - Nimble Storage System
- Orchid Valley Pet Caskets - End of life pet products
- People Diagnostix - Flourishing at School - mental health measurements
- PumpEng Pty Ltd - JetGuard submersible pump
- Rytech Australia Pty Ltd - Sunovate – solar energy innovation
- Sagacious - Sage Repellent: natural & organic insect repellent
- Segnut Pty Ltd - Segnut - fast removal nut
- Sherrard Pty Ltd - BinSpring commercialisation strategy
- Soter Analytics Pty Ltd - Wearable technology for industrial safety
- Taste Black Gold -Commercial black truffle processing
- Terra15 Pty Ltd - Distributed vibration sensing on optical fibre cables.