Urgent help: Victim of crime

If you, or someone you are responsible for, are in an emergency situation right now, call the WA Police Force immediately on 000. If you need police help for yourself or someone else but the matter is not urgent, call the WA Police Force non-emergency number, 131 444.
Last updated: 2 March 2023

What immediate help do you need?

Crimes in the WA justice system can be most generally divided as crimes against people, or crimes against property.  Crimes against people can be violent or have the potential to become violent, including threatening behaviour, assaults, including sexual assaults and murder.

Crimes against property include burglary, criminal damage, theft or arson. When you contact police in relation to either type of crime, they will direct you to the right area for help.

For more information, refer to the Victims of Crime page on the WA Police Force website.

Domestic violence support and advice

24-hour helplines and support are available if you have concerns about your own or someone else's safety, or you are worried about your own use of violence and abusive behaviour.

If you have just been sexually assaulted and suffered injury, go to your nearest hospital emergency department or call 000. You can also contact the Sexual Assault Resource Centre (SARC). All SARC services are free.