Your feedback will help us to provide high-quality services that meet the needs of the West Australian community.
Select a business area to send an online enquiry.
Note: Incorrect selection of a business area may cause delays in a response.
- Freedom of Information
Contact to assist you with requests to obtain access to documents and records under the Freedom of Information Act 1992.
- Location of a prisoner
To request the location of a prisoner in Western Australia, complete the online enquiry form. Your request must include the following in the message field:
- The full name of the person you wish to know the location of, as well as any other details you have which will assist us in identifying the person (eg date of birth)
- Your full name including contact details and
- Your relationship to the person you are requesting the location of or your reasons for requesting the information.
- Human Resources (HR)
For information about recruitment or careers with the Department, refer to Working with Us.
- Victim Notification Registry
Victims seeking information about the perpetrator of the crime against them. This includes details about the offender's sentence, any escapes from custody and recapture, impending release dates and the results of any appeals against the sentence.
Not to be contacted for location of prisoner information. Website enquiries, its content, technical issues or finding information on the website. We have migrated most of our information to the new website.
- General enquiries
Not to be contacted for location of prisoner information. All general enquiries only.
- Adult Male Prisons
All prison-related enquiries including visiting times. Not to be contacted for location of prisoner information
- Youth Justice Services
Information on young people in detention including bail, parole, remand details, community work, court appearances for children, centre locations and contact details and services available to young people in detention.
To request the location of a prisoner in Western Australia, please complete the online enquiry form.
Complaints, compliments or suggestionsShow more
ACCESS is a dedicated service within the Department of Justice, Corrective Services that manages complaints, compliments and suggestions for and related to prisoners and offenders state-wide. This service is created as part of the Department’s commitment to delivering high-quality complaints management for prisoners and offenders and maintaining an agency that is open and honest.
ACCESS is available to all prisoners and offenders and the general community who have something to report or say to the Department of Justice, Corrective Services in relation to prisoners or offenders.
Out of scope of ACCESS service
- Complaints in relation to staff / officer misconduct with the exception of prisoner complaints relating to staff misconduct which will be received by ACCESS and then forwarded to the relevant business area within the Department for assessment.
- Informal or formal staff / officer grievances.
- Inquiries from / to internal areas of the Department that do not relate to an ACCESS lodged or managed matter.
- Inquiries from / to external agencies that do not relate to an ACCESS lodged or managed matter.
For more information, please contact via:
|Telephone:||1300 306 922 (toll free)|
|Online form:||Please use our online form.|
Taking the complaints further
The public can also make complaints about the Department of Corrective Services to other government agencies:
- Ombudsman of Western Australia
For reviews of our administrative actions.
- Telephone: 9220 7555
- Web: www.ombudsman.wa.gov.au
- Corruption and Crime Commission of Western Australia
To report unethical or improper conduct by Department staff.
- Telephone: 1800 809 000
- Web: www.ccc.wa.gov.au
- The Office of the Inspector of Custodial Services
An independent statutory body that examines standards and operational practices of custodial services in Western Australia.
- Telephone: 6551 4200
- Web: www.oics.wa.gov.au