Your feedback will help us to provide high-quality services that meet the needs of the West Australian community.
Complaints, compliments or suggestionsShow more
ACCESS is a dedicated service within the Department of Justice, Corrective Services that manages complaints, compliments and suggestions for and related to prisoners and offenders state-wide. This service is created as part of the Department’s commitment to delivering high-quality complaints management for prisoners and offenders and maintaining an agency that is open and honest.
ACCESS is available to all prisoners and offenders and the general community who have something to report or say to the Department of Justice, Corrective Services in relation to prisoners or offenders.
Out of scope of ACCESS service
- Complaints in relation to staff / officer misconduct with the exception of prisoner complaints relating to staff misconduct which will be received by ACCESS and then forwarded to the relevant business area within the Department for assessment.
- Informal or formal staff / officer grievances.
- Inquiries from / to internal areas of the Department that do not relate to an ACCESS lodged or managed matter.
- Inquiries from / to external agencies that do not relate to an ACCESS lodged or managed matter.
For more information, please contact via:
|1300 306 922 (toll free)
|Please use our online form.
Taking the complaints further
The public can also make complaints about the Department of Corrective Services to other government agencies:
- Ombudsman of Western Australia
For reviews of our administrative actions.
- Telephone: 9220 7555
- Web: www.ombudsman.wa.gov.au
- Corruption and Crime Commission of Western Australia
To report unethical or improper conduct by Department staff.
- Telephone: 1800 809 000
- Web: www.ccc.wa.gov.au
- The Office of the Inspector of Custodial Services
An independent statutory body that examines standards and operational practices of custodial services in Western Australia.
- Telephone: 6551 4200
- Web: www.oics.wa.gov.au