The Department of Justice administers a grants program on behalf of the Attorney General, drawing on funds collected under the Criminal Property Confiscation Act 2000.
The Criminal Property Confiscation Act 2000 provides for the confiscation in certain circumstances of property acquired as a result of criminal activity or used for criminal activity. The Act also makes provision for re-distribution of confiscated funds and proceeds of the sale of other confiscated property for a number of purposes including the development and administration of programs or activities:
- Designed to provide support services and other assistance to victims of crime.
- Designed to prevent or reduce drug-related criminal activity and the abuse of prohibited drugs.
- For any other purpose in aid of law enforcement focussing on community safety and crime prevention initiatives within Western Australia.
Under the grants program, incorporated, not-for-profit organisations and local government authorities can apply for funds up to $200,000 for these purposes.
13 approved projects from this funding round have been offered funding totalling over $2.13 million. More information on these projects is available by downloading the Successful Projects from the April 2018 Funding Round.
The current funding round opened on Wednesday 5 February 2020 and will close at 12 noon on Wednesday 1 April 2020. Eligible not-for-profit organisations and local government authorities are invited to apply for funds up to $200,000 to implement projects for the above purposes.
Grant Information Sessions
Information sessions to assist with the application process will be held at the David Malcolm Justice Centre, 28 Barrack Street, Perth on the following dates:
- Wednesday 19 February 2020 at 10.00 am
- Thursday 20 February 2020 at 10.00 am
- Friday 21 February 2020 at 1.00 pm
- Monday 24 February 2020 at 1.00 pm
- Wednesday 26 February 2020 at 10.00 am
Applicants interested in attending one of the above sessions will need to register their interest with the grants team at: email@example.com
Applicants are also encouraged to discuss their proposed project with a member of the grants team to on:
Phone: (08) 9264 1206 or (08) 9264 1749
Toll Free: 1800 994 400