Accessibility - Online
This website has been designed to meet the Government of Western Australia’s standard established for web accessibility and includes the following content and functions:
- Clearly titled webpages, with descriptions of the topic or purpose.
- Clearly displayed headings and subheadings, in a logical order to aid navigation.
- Focus colours enabling visitors to hover over links contained in the text which are then highlighted.
- Full tab-based navigation.
- Links open in the same window.
- Text size can be adjusted.
- Website content can be read aloud through the Text to Speech (TTS) function.
- Website content can be read in different languages through the translation function.
- Office contact details and links are listed on every page of the website for easy viewing/access.
- There is a click-to-call button for the Office’s Telephone Advisory Service included in the contact details.
- Links to the National Relay Service are available on every page – below the contact details.
- Links are available on the About Us webpage, for access to advocacy support for people with disability and their careers.
Learn more about WA.gov.au website accessibility.
Accessibility - Publications
- Office of the Public Advocate publications can be downloaded from the Publications page.
- Publications can be posted in hard copy format.
- Publications are available in alternative formats on request.
- Easy Read Factsheets are fully accessible, can be read through a standard screen reader and directly accessed by clicking the Easy Read button at the top of the website’s homepage.
- Easy Read Factsheets include information about accessibility.
- Information Sheets and Position Statements are fully accessible and can be read through a standard screen reader.
- Translated publications are available for download on the Translated Publications webpage.
- Publications can be translated into other languages on request.
Please Note: Enduring Power of Attorney and Enduring Power of Guardianship forms cannot be translated into other languages.
To request hard copies of Office of the Public Advocate publications, alternative formats or languages, please contact 1300 858 455 or email@example.com
Accessibility - In Person
- Guardians and Investigators can be contacted via email or telephone.
- Arrangements can be made to have an Auslan interpreter present.
- Arrangements can be made for an interpreter to be present, if English is not a person’s first language.
Training and Information Sessions
- Face-to-Face Office of the Public Advocate Training sessions are booked in fully accessible venues.
- OPA also runs training and information sessions online via MS Teams.
- Arrangements can be made for an interpreter to translate community information sessions, upon request.
Please contact the Office on 61 8 9278 7300 / firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any questions, concerns or other accessibility requirements.
Contact the Office of the Public Advocate.
If you have any questions or concerns about how to access information, or any suggestions on how we might improve accessibility, contact the Office of the Public advocate:
|61 8 9278 7300
|Telephone Advisory Service
|1300 858 455
(between 9.00 am to 4.30 pm, Monday to Friday)
|1300 858 455 – follow the prompts.