Compliance and EnforcementShow more
Compliance and Enforcement administers our legislation, including monitoring, audit and compliance inspections, and investigates complaints and incidents.
- Pollution reporting
- Illegal dumping
- Controlled waste tracking
Corporate ServicesShow more
Corporate Services supports our financial, workforce, legal services, land management, and information systems to underpin our operations and key corporate systems.
- Human resources
- Information services
- Legal services
Regional DeliveryShow more
Regional Delivery coordinates our functions delivered in the regions, including hydrography program operations, local water compliance, water licensing and planning referrals advice.
It also includes the Regulatory Capability Division set up to drive the one-stop-shop for environmental and water regulation within the department.
- Regional service delivery
- Water licensing
- Regulatory reform
- Planning referrals advice
- Regulatory capability
- Support to water advisory committees
Regulatory ServicesShow more
Regulatory Services administers environmental regulation functions for works approvals, licences and clearing permits.
It provides ongoing environmental management of granted instruments and supports compliance and enforcement programs, native vegetation programs and regulatory reform activities.
- Clearing regulation
- Industry regulation
- Ongoing environmental management of clearing and industry regulation
- Support to Compliance and Enforcement program
- Strategic native vegetation protection
Science and PlanningShow more
Science and Planning provides evidence-based information to help stakeholders make informed judgments about issues that affect them.
Our science also supports regulatory decision-making and our stewardship obligations.
- Science data
- Water resource science and flood risk science
- River and estuary science
- Environmental noise, air quality, terrestrial and marine ecosystem advice
- Contaminated sites regulation
- Water allocation and source protection planning and urban water and water supply advice
Strategic PolicyShow more
Strategic Policy leads the review and development of the state’s environmental, climate, water and waste policies, legislation and regulations.
It also supports the Waste Authority, the Keep Australia Beautiful Council, Cockburn Sound Management Council, Air Quality Coordination Committee, Murujuga Rock Art Stakeholder Reference Group, Exmouth Gulf Taskforce, Container Deposit Scheme, Water Resources Reform Reference Group, Waste Reform Advisory Group and the Aboriginal Water and Environmental Advisory Group.
- Environmental, climate change, water and waste strategic policy and programs
- Review and update of legislation
- Waste levy collection and exemptions
Strategy and EngagementShow more
Strategy and Engagement enables us to focus on long-term strategy, portfolio and stakeholder collaboration. We do this through effective partnering together with internal and external engagement and business excellence.
- Whole-of-government projects
- Business excellence
- Stakeholder engagement
- Ministerial liaison
Bodies supported by the departmentShow more
- Warren Donnelly Water Advisory Committee
- Geographe Catchment Council
- Carnarvon Water Allocation Advisory Committee
- Environmental Protection Authority
- Waste Authority
- Cockburn Sound Management Council
- Air Quality Coordinating Committee
- Contaminated Sites Committee
- Office of the Appeals Convenor
- Keep Australia Beautiful Council WA