The State Emergency Management Committee (SEMC), established under the Emergency Management Act 2005, is a standing committee that provides strategic advice to the Minister for Emergency Services.
The SEMC meets five times a year to:
- consider strategic issues
- make recommendations to the Minister
- provide oversight and direction to the emergency management sector.
Our advisory groups
Primary responsibilitiesShow more
- Advising the Minister on emergency management and WA’s preparedness to combat emergencies.
- Guiding and supporting public authorities, industry, business and the community to plan and prepare for efficient emergency management.
- Providing a forum for community coordination to minimise the effects of emergencies.
- Developing and coordinating risk management strategies to assess community vulnerability to emergencies.
- Providing a forum to develop information systems to improve communications during emergencies.
- Arranging for the preparation of emergency management policies and plans for WA.